Friday, September 23, 2011

That's "Terrific"!!!

I am not as crazy as people often think I am.   For years I've told people about a show I saw on television in childhood that I couldn't remember well enough to describe vividly enough for anyone else to remember having seen.  They all said I must have imagined it.

All I could remember was that it was a black and white show with a bald-headed boss and some crazy younger guy who would swallow a pill that would allow him to fly.  Do you remember such a show?

Well...it actually did exist!   Fred discovered it yesterday through the amazing venue of YouTube.  It was called "Mr. Terrific" and starred Stephen Strimpell, Dick Gaultier, Paul Smith, and John McGiver.  [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1k57303ZFM  video above]

(I have tried previously to find it by googling, but never had any luck which brings up another life mystery question:   Can anyone explain to me why appliances/computers/VCRs/TVs/remote controls/vehicles/etc can refuse to work or act quirky for females, but the moment a man walks into the room they work just fine?  Do men give off some kind of electrical charge only present in their gender?  I KNOW lots of women can relate to this!)

No comments:

Post a Comment